Old & Deteriorated Roads
Every municipality has some asphalt that is significantly deteriorated. Potholes, alligator cracking and rutting are common in these roads and, whatever the cause, they require restorative treatments. For these types of pavements, ASI offers GM-RSS™ and GSB-Repave®.
GM-RSS™ (Gilsonite-Modified Rejuvenating Surface Sealer)
Works as crack-sealer and chip-sealer in one.
- This saves significant cost and time and improves road aesthetics.
Easier to work with than many alternative products.
- Compatible with a wider range of aggregates/chips.
- More forgiving during application, due to the gilsonite and heavier amounts of rejuvenator.
- Cures quickly, so sweeping can be completed sooner.
Provides enhanced aggregate/chip retention & ESL.
- Better aggregate/chip retention protects the treatment longer, allowing more time for pavement rejuvenation, thus extending the pavement’s service life.
Works with a variety of chip seal and scrub seal applications.
GSB-Repave® is an in-place asphalt recycling additive that stretches dollars and saves resources. Developed for use with recycled millings at roughly half the cost of a new overlay, it offers superior blending, excellent Marshall Stability, and a finished product that is resistant to cold temperature cracking. GSB-Repave® can be blended via pugmill, blade mixing, or in conjunction with a road reclaimer of almost any kind.
We began using GSB-Repave® in 2005. Since then we have reconstructed several miles of old pavement with fantastic results. It has proven to be a great option in our maintenance program – and much cheaper than new pavement.” — County Road Superintendent